Both existing internal and added external digital copies can be displayed and reviewed in your workspace, provided they are compatible with the IIIF standard and you have the URL for the manifest file. In catalogues of IIIF-supported digital copies, the IIIF logo is usually displayed next to the URL normally ending in ‘manifest’ or ‘manifest.json’ (e.g. https://iiif.ub.uni-leipzig.de/0000011641/manifest.json).
Adding an external digital copy to your workspace:
- Use the menu on the left to open your workspace. To expand the menu, click on the burger symbol at the top left.
- Click on ‘add content’ to view the external content you have added to your workspace during the current session. At the start of your session the workspace will be empty.
- Click on ‘add content’ at the bottom right.
- Enter the IIIF manifest URL for the external digital copy and click on ‘add’.
- The digital copy will now appear in the list. You can now open this digital copy in your workspace. Use the ‘add content’ button to add further objects to your workspace.